Church School

Bishop Gilpin School
Archbishop Rowan Williams with Bishop Gilpin pupils visiting St Mary's

Bishop Gilpin C of E Primary School

Bishop Gilpin school is a voluntary aided, co-educational Church of England Primary School. We are in the Diocese of Southwark, within the local authority of the London Borough of Merton.

The school was founded in 1758, in a building which still exists on the edge of Wimbledon Common and moved to its present site in 1966. It is housed in a modern single storey building set in two acres of rising ground. Extensive grassed sports facilities are shared with the neighbouring secondary school.

The school admits 60 children into the reception classes and there are no more than 30 children in each of the other classes. There is a close relationship with St Mary's and St Mark's churches and clergy visit the school regularly. Admission can be via Open places (based on nearness of the home address to the school) or Foundation places (based on family church membership and a reference from the clergy). These places are divided 50:50. Register for nursery places just after your child's second birthday.

Lake Road,
London,
SW19 7EP
Tel: 020 8946 6666
Fax: 020 8944 0722

E-mail:

Website: www.bishopgilpin.org