The Window Glass

The 15th Century glass in a window of the
Cecil Chapel

Apart from the window glass in the Cecil Chapel, the rest is modern. In the north aisle, the Risen Christ with Angels is dated 1918 and Raymond de Puy, St Francis, St George is dated 1934. The south aisle has Faith, Hope and Charity; St Luke with Angels and the Presentation of Infant Jesus all dating from the 1920s. All were given in memory of individuals. The most recent addition is the east window which replaced the one destroyed in 1944 due to a V-1 exploding on Wimbledon Park golf course. This was provided in 1951 in memory of James Courthope Peache, the upper window being Christ in glory beneath which is the Virgin with the four Evangelists.